Asta's Guest Book!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Heat Wave! Melbowne on Fiwre



G'day Pals, I had really planned to reveal my sissy Pussy Galore II today, but we have some sewious pwoblems in Melbourne. Yestewday was the hottest day hewe in 150 yeaws! It was neawly 120 F/ 47 C and my sissy went into hiding, and I have been spending the week keeping cool in my pool. The heat is vewy sewious fow our state. The whole state of Victowia is pwactically buwning down, and the fiwes wewe vewy close to my pals Opy and Chawlie. I wish I could help them, but I can't leave my house because the pavements awe all melting. All of ouw cwops awe dying fwom the heat. Thank dog, pig eaws aren't a crop. Mum says its an infewno. I don know what that is, but I know it's hot. Please dad, give me some mowe cold water.

12 comments:

Yogui said...

47ºC is too hot, here we have 4ºC. I advise you more cool in the pool, This summer is very hot there.
Paws
Yogui

Gus said...

Asta! Be careful of sunburn! You are already looking a bit pink under your wet furs. Muzzer says the hottest she remembers in Azrizona was 123 F. But it is a dry heat!

gussie

Agatha and Archie said...

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY!!!!!!! tha is not right.. eat a lot of ice cream and drink lots of water!! Love A+A

Dewey Dewster said...

I tell ya Asta...we thought we would like it ta be warmer around here but not THAT WARM !!!!! We heard about the fires and hope it doesn't come your way....stay cool in that pool....we'll stop complainin'.....

Dewey Dewster here....

Katie and Gizmo said...

Hi Asta, we've seen the fires on the news and it's very bad. I'm glad you're ok though.

Stay Cool
Gizmo

p.s. I left an award for you on my blog whenever you get a chance to go get it.

Snowball said...

wow! I might melt in that type of weather. Now I am thankful that although we get summer all year round, our temperature has never been as higher 47 degree C.

Stay cool!

Luv

Snowball

Life With Dogs said...

Goodness please be safe. We have never experienced such heat.

Molly the Airedale said...

Is your pool water evaporating in the extreme heat, Asta? Our paws are crossed that this breaks for you VERY soon! Your temps are just way too hot! Stay safe!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Simba and Jazzi said...

Wow that is hot! Good job you had the pool in cool down in.

Simba and Jazzi xx

Eric said...

Asta,

I've been watching the news..I'm wagging worried for you...please you and your leggeds stay safe and cool inside k? I'm barking for you my sweet pal and thinking of you.

Wiry wags, Eric xx

Joe Stains said...

We have been following the fires on the news here and have our paws crossed for you all.

World of Animals, Inc said...

That sure is one really hot day for you. Looks like you found the best way to cool down in your little doggie pool. Thanks for sharing the great photos. Have a fantastic rest of your day.
World of Animals