First off mates, my mum is going to Cyprus for 5 days tomorrow, so she won’t be able to help me blog till next Friday! 2nd of all, Billy tagged me to tell you 7 or 8 things about me that you don’t know and I've tagged Koobuss, Janie the Painie, and Bussie. 8 things about Asta:
1. This is my “humble” home, a 19th c. church that’s now a house.
2. My dad’s (in the photo) nickname for me is P-Asta, short for Pain in the Asta.
3. When I was a puppy, I chewed up some of my dad’s CD’s.
4. I used to bite my mum and dad’s ankles when I was a pup.
5. My favorite game is rope toss!
6. I have my own door so I can come and go as I please.
7. I can jump from the top of the sofa to the dining room table and get lots of treats!
I was born in Brisbane on Nov. 23, 2004 to a litter of two at Quinvale Kennels, and I was flown to my home in Melbourne in late January 2005. There aren't many WFT's in Australia and my humans, Louise & Brian, were on a waiting list for about 9 months to get me. Brian says that when you wait 9 months for a baby, it's usually less furry. Being cute let's me get away with a lot and being a wirehaired fox terrier means I always try. Sometimes I have trouble understanding my humans' funny American accents, but watching a lot of American TV shows with Louise helps. Louise is an archaeologist and that means she travels a lot, so I sometimes have to stay with my friends, the Figgs. When she's here, it's great because we go for long walks or runs every day! There are not many of us WFT's in Australia and I'm always confused with airedale's and schnauzer's. Most people also get my name wrong, calling me Esther, Astro, or Astra. Those few who have seen the Thin Man, however, know it's ASTA.